Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Camping...no more...

So we decided to go camping again this last weekend. We went back to Pike National Forest and had a pretty good time. There were only a few downsides - we forgot a lighter for the stove and the Kirby's forgot a can opener so the boys were gone for almost 3 hours getting those. Mary didn't take an afternoon nap. Then when bedtime came it took her a little while, but she went down. But then when Jake and I went to bed she woke up and wouldn't go down. So at about 1:30 a.m. Jake realized his air mattress was leaking and he was laying on the ground. So he decided to go to the car and took Mary with him. Well Mary got some sleep by sleeping on Jake and Jake didn't get any. I got about 2-3 hours of sleep. It was not the funnest night we've ever had. There is only more thing that happened, but I need the pictures for that so stay tuned...


Mary had a great time playing!!! She LOVED the dirt!

She is very serious and very dirty!!! See the dirt on her nose? I'm glad she had a good time.

Hanging out with dad.

I went to the bathroom and came back to Mary jumping off the back of the Jeep and having a great time!!! I had a video of it to show you, but for some reason I have issues with downloading videos to blogger so you just get the pictures.

This is a magic trick...see one car leave...see two cars return...
So Jake and Paul decided to go play with the Jeep a little more with its offroad capabilities. So they left us girls...again. Well about 15 minutes later I look up and see Paul walking down the road towards us. Turns out Jake got the Jeep stuck and so Paul went to get his car to help him out. 

This is Jake stuck...ha ha ha!!! I had to laugh when I heard he was stuck. All went well and he got out. It's a good story too.

Needless to say this is our last camping trip for a while!!!







No comments: