Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Peanut Butter and Boots

This week has been pretty good. Nothing great to report on, just little updates about Mary. She's the most exciting out of all of us!


Mary LOVES, absolutely LOVES, playing the piano with her Daddy. She races over to him if he is playing and will want to climb up on his lap. Or she'll stand next to him and reach up on her tippy toes to play any keys she can find. It's very sweet. It's fun that they have something that's just theirs.




Mary tried peanut butter for the first time this week and loved it, of course! I put it on some graham crackers and what did she do? Licked it off and left the cracker. She's such a little stinker sometimes!

The other day was beautiful! I opened the front door and Mary crawled over and stood at the glass door and just stared outside. So I decided we should go for a walk to the mailbox. So I bundled her up - when I saw nice day it was the the 50's so we still needed coats. And put on her super cute boots that her grandma gave her for Christmas and away we went. In case you didn't know, Mary can't walk on her own yet. So I held her hands hunched over as we slowly made it to the mailbox. 

She did awesome! She walked most of the way. She stopped a couple times to look at things. Like the fire hydrant in the picture above. She was still in a good mood when we got home. I had her sit on the steps so I could take some pictures of my cute girl.

I love this picture!!! She's so fun! She loved being outdoors and walking around. She has walked on her own, but only up to about 8 steps and then she'll crouch back down to the floor and walk. In the past we've had to push her to take steps, but this week she's been doing a lot on her own. She's getting too big!


I just liked how big her eyes look in this picture. She is looking more and more like a little toddler. It's fun, but I miss my little baby! 

She has been exploring more and more in her room. She found this and started playing with it. I laid her in it and turned on the vibrator. She thought it was really funny! As you can see, she's a bit big for it now.
Mary has learned the she really likes waffles. So I was fed her some for dinner yesterday. I got it warm and ripped up half of the waffle into smaller pieces for her. I turned and started to do the dishes and would check on her. She was eating them just fine. The next time I turned around she had eaten all the ones I gave her and instead of waiting for me to give her more she reached and grabbed the other half and just started chowing down. When she saw me looking at her she got this big smile on her face. She was so proud of herself. I tried to take it to make it smaller for her, but she wouldn't hear of it. So I let her keep it and just watched her. She is so funny! I love her little personality that is coming through and how much she is learning.

She has learned that at night when I walk her upstairs that it's time for bed. So what does she do? Drops to the floor and races back down the stairs to play. Usually, it's to play the piano with Dad. She loves to play pick-a-boo and will often hide herself and them peek around a corner at us and laugh. She has learned that if she touches our noses we well say "peep!" She is so fun to be around! I love being a mom - who wouldn't with this beautiful little one!?!?




No comments: